Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why I finally signed up

Okay, so I've finally decided it was time to start a blog which is something I said I would never do. When blogging first began to grow in popularity I thought it was simply an egotistical exercise, an expression of one's own inflated sense of self-importance. "How arrogant" I thought, "to think that people are that interested in your 2 cents." But then I began to read these blogs and saw the value they had. That's right, I've always been a little slow on the uptake. But I saw that it was a great way to connect to like minded people-and to meet people who don't share your particular viewpoints. More importantly, I saw that it's a great way for a pastor to stay in touch with his people and to encourage them through the week. So here I am, feet firmly planted in the 21st century-though in reality, I suppose blogging is so last century. I'll be sharing my thoughts, views, rantings, ravings, etc. Come have a look sometime. If I say something you like, let me know. If I say something you don't like, let me know. If I say something that makes you angry, let me know and we'll talk about it. You know, no big whoop. Mostly, I hope I'll say something that encourages you, that lifts you up a bit; and above all, I hope that something I say will adorn the doctrine of God my savior.

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to you blog posts. However, I will have to explain to my people why, even though I posted a video and made pleas, "The Legend of Bloggy Creek" was rejected. Maybe I should have enlisted my wife and Oprah to make pleas as well. With that said, I like the name of your blog. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8V_P8o--ak

    In memoriam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about your blog too. Can I submit questions for you to share your feelings on? I will either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring it on, buddy. If I can't answer it, Kelly can.

    ReplyDelete